Gering Girls go 1-2 over past 3 games

Back to Article
Back to Article

Gering Girls go 1-2 over past 3 games

Hunter Walker, Staff Reporter

The Gering girls basketball team posted a 1-2 record over the past 3 games. The bulldogs dropped the first of the 3 games at home against a tough sidney red raider team. Sidney jumped on the Bulldogs early by out scoring gering 30-9 early on in the first half. The Bulldogs would battle back late and show some grit and toughness but ultimately it would not be enough as Sidney would earn the win 66-61. Trying to bounce back from the loss on friday night the girls would look to get a win on the road in newcastle. They would dominate the game wire to wire earning a 55-16 win over the Dogies helping them gain some momentum heading into there big rivalry game tuesday night at Scottsbluff. The Bulldogs headed into the rivalry game at 4-4 facing a scottsbluff team that came into the game at 5-5. The bulldogs jumped on the cats early by jumping out to a 8-2 lead and would take a 14-11 lead heading into the 2nd quarter. However the Cats would battle back and outscore the Bulldogs in the 2nd quarter 16-6 which would give scottsbluff a 27-20 advantage heading into halftime. Scottsbluff would continue playing well in the 2nd half and would take home a 71-48 win over the bulldogs. Gerings next game will be at home friday against gordon rushville at 5:30.