NFL Wild Card Weekend Lives Up to the Hype

Hunter Walker, Staff Reporter

This past weekend was a big weekend in football with the NFL having 4 different playoff games and also the College Football Playoff Championship game all falling on back to back to back days. The first game on the NFL slate was 3 seed vs 6 seed matchup on the AFC side of the Bracket the Indianapolis Colts would be heading to Houston to take on the 3rd seeded Texans. The Colts would gain control early in the game by jumping out to a 21-0 lead. The Colts offense would stall in the 2nd half of the game not scoring a point. However the Colts would hang on for the 21-7 win on the road in the first round of the playoffs. Indy will be headed to Kansas City to face the top seeded Chiefs next Saturday. The 2nd game lined up on Saturday was the 5th seeded Seattle Seahawks going to the 4th seeded Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys won a close game 24-22 and advanced to play the 2nd seeded Los Angeles Rams. The sunday slate of games won highlighted by the 5 seeded chargers heading to Baltimore to take on the 4th seeded Ravens and their Rookie Phenom Lamar Jackson. However the Chargers Dominated this game defensively holding Jackson and the ravens to 17 points and the chargers would hold on to the win by a score of 23-17. The game of the weekend however was the 6 seeded Philadelphia Eagles going into Chicago to battle the 3rd seeded Bears this game was the definition of a slugfest. The Bears were up 15-10 when the eagles appeared to have given them the knockout punch scoring a touchdown with 57 seconds left in the game to put them up by 1 point but Chicago would not go down easy getting themselves into field goal range quickly and with 5 seconds left Matt Parkey had a chance to give the bears a playoff win with a field goal but the kick would be tipped at the line and then hit the goalpost and bouncing outside of the uprights sealing the victory for the eagles. There will be 4 more games next weekend in the NFL on the AFC side of the bracket the Colts and Chiefs will go at it on saturday and on sunday the Chargers will go to New England to face the Patriots. On the NFC side of the bracket the Cowboys and Rams will go head to head on saturday and on Sunday the Saints host the Eagles.