Mamma Mia Auditions Will Be Held Soon!

Abby Madden, Staff Reporter

Auditions will be held on January 15 and January 17 at 7:00 p.m. in the choir room.

The first day of the auditions will be the singing portion. If trying out for a lead roll you will need to prepare a number from the show. When trying out for the choir part of the show the audition requires a song of at least a minute in length.

In the lead auditions, there will be one person at a time in the room. Mrs. Muggli will then play your desired track. Memorization is encouraged, acting and getting into character is too.

In the choir auditions there is an option to audition alone with a song of your choice. There is also an option to try out in a group of no more than four and sing a song from the musical itself .

To practice for auditions there is a website one can visit. http://player.mtishows.com. On the website it will ask you for a code. The code provided by Mrs. Muggli is MAM1428339.  By going to this website you can gain access to the rehearsal tracks and it can stream on any device.

The cast will then be listed that following Friday, January 18, after school.

The chorus parts will then start rehearsing on Tuesday January 29 at 6:50 p.m. Muggli will then give the leads a contract and a calendar view of the February rehearsals. It is necessary that these rolls are at rehearsals.

Rehearsals with leads will start with a read-through on January 24 at 7:00 p.m.

Mamma Mia is a musical based on the life of Donna. Donna is an independent hotelier in the Greek islands. She is preparing for her daughter’s wedding along with two old friends. Meanwhile, the spirited bride, Sophie has other plans. She secretly invites three men from her mother’s past in hope of meeting her real father and having him escort her down the aisle on her big day.

About the Writer
Abby Madden, Staff Reporter

I have been on staff for two years. In my free time I like to write, spend time with family and my best friends, and travel.