Student Spotlight: Allison Maschmeier

Abby Madden, Staff Reporter

In Gering we have many students that pursue excellence in both academics and activities. This is Allison Maschmeier our academic spotlight of the week. Here are various things about her that you may or may not have known.

Q: Who/what motivates you?

A: My family and friends are definitely my biggest motivators.

Q: How did you get where you are now? What’s your backstory?

A: I was born and raised in Gering with my family of 4, worked hard for good grades in school, and played multiple sports from a young age

Q: How do you maintain the grades you have?

A: I pay close attention in class, take good notes, get extra help from teachers, and study extra hard, especially during finals.

Q: Are you influenced by anyone? Why?

A: My sister; she’s on a nursing scholarship and is maybe influencing me to go into the medical field.

Q: Do you consider yourself a leader? Why?

A: Yes, because if I see someone struggling in a sport or school, i’ll do by best to help them out and bring them up rather than put them down

Q: Do you participate in any extracurricular activities? Which is your favorite?

A: GGAA, F.O.R Club, soccer. I’ve been playing soccer since I was five years old and my love for it has only grown so soccer is definitely my favorite

Q: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

A: Hopefully graduated from college with a steady job and a family.

Q: What’s your favorite animal? Why?

A: Probably a dog because they just instantly make me smile.

Q: What’s your opinion on homework?

A:  I don’t love homework, but as long as it’s not an excessive amount i suppose i can handle it.

Q: Favorite class? What are your hidden talents?

A: Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) ;  I can make a 3 leaf clover with my tongue.

Q: Do you have a life motto?

A: “You can’t please everyone”

Q: What do you enjoy about school?

A: I love getting to see and interact with people I normally wouldn’t get to outside of school.

Q: Do you plan on going to college? If so, where? If not, what do you plan on doing? Why?

A:  Yes, hopefully the University of Nebraska Lincoln or the University of Nebraska Omaha.

Q: If you plan on going to college, what do you want to major in? Why?

A:  I’m not quite sure yet, either something in the medical field or elementary education.

Q: How do you overcome obstacles in life or school?

A: I take a deep breath and remember that the obstacle will not last forever and things will get better.