New Years Resolutions

Adam Flowers, Staff Reporter

The new year is approaching and one thing that is typically associated with the new year is new year’s resolutions. New year’s resolutions are goals, small or large, that people make for what they want to accomplish in the new year. As cliche as making a new year’s resolution sounds, you should at least attempt it.

A new year means a new beginning. The start of the new year creates changes or ideas for our mindset. The start of the new year is a great time to look what we have accomplished in the past year and make goals to be better than who we were previously.

Although that motivation to make a change in the beginning of the year tends to fade away. That great epiphany that we have at the beginning to the year to make a change in our lives goes away. We may get caught up in the heat of our lives and ignore our goals.

One of the main reasons why people don’t make new year’s resolutions are simply because this reason: they give up.

Setting goals in general, new year or not, creates a challenge. It’s human nature to stay content with what we have and not make any changes, simply because we know our comfort zone. This challenge is something that most do not want to attempt because of the infallible fear of failure. Yet making these resolutions and following through will help us grow as human beings.

According to Glenn Miller Md., a study found that 46 percent of people who made new year’s resolutions were successful in comparison to the other four percent who made resolutions, but were not successful. In that case, people who make resolutions are ten times likelier to be successful than those who don’t make any resolutions whatsoever.

Whatever you decide to do to make 2019 a better year for yourself or others around you, stick to it. Plan ahead and don’t give up early. It may be a pleasant surprise to you at the difference just a small goal can make to your life.

About the Writer
Adam Flowers, Staff Reporter

I have been on the BluePrints staff since I was a sophomore. I enjoy performing, music, running, and naps.