Winter sports season set to begin!

Hunter Walker, Staff Reporter

As all of the fall sports are winding down with end of the year banquets and award ceremonies. The winter sports teams are getting ready for their upcoming seasons as practice has either just started or coming up. The swimming team is gearing up for another successful year one of those people who is primed to have a good year is Alanna Becker. I had a chance to speak with alanna about what she is most excited for in this upcoming season. Here’s What she had to say, “ I am really excited for this year because we have a new coach and it’ll be fun to see what he can do and i am also excited to try and break some records this year as well Another team that is revving up for a big year is the Gering Varsity Wrestling team. The Wrestling team will also be welcoming a new coach to lead the team. The wrestling team are primed to have big year in the district. I was able to catch up with sophomore Wrestler Quinton chavez to ask him about the upcoming season and what his goals are here’s what he had to say, “ I am really excited for the upcoming season to go to state because i personally have some unfinished business there and for the team we are really excited because we think as a team we can make a run and possibly win state this year”. Good luck to both the swimming and wrestling team.